We've been retained by Validere to recruit their Head of Engineering. This is an exciting opportunity to join a Canadian startup that's transforming a global industry.
- Valdiere’s informatics platform allows firms to streamline their work processes by being able to access real-time product quality insights, is helping producers, midstream companies, and refineries to make informed operational and trading decisions.
- 360 Product: Validere’s IoT platform consolidates, automates, and validates all quality data onto a single platform. Real-time, reliable insights empower your teams to proactively pinpoint issues and make better, faster decisions.
- Edge Marketplace Product: Edge matches you with optimal buying and selling partners for large arbitrage opportunities. For each opportunity, Validere’s AI engine predicts final blend quality, logistical costs, and realized price.
- Validere is a YC grad and backed by the most influential & strategic investors in Silicon Valley.
- Report to the Co-Founder. The Head of Eng is a member of the Executive team.
- Lead the software and data engineering team, while growing it significantly.
- Creating & execution of the engineering roadmap in alignment with the company & product roadmap.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance for the organization and team in building platforms that scale.
- Create a high-performing team leveraging a coaching approach to guide, mentor & grow each person.
- Scale the engineering organization across people, process and technology.
- Collaborate with data science, product management, sales & delivery teams.
- Significant software engineering leadership experience, scaling and leading teams to at minimum 25+ people.
- Productization of software applications. Bonus experience: Products with analytics or AI components; SaaS products for enterprise customers; or marketplace applications.
- Scale-up engineering leadership experience with depth in guiding orgs throughout the startup journey.
- Software engineering technical depth that will enable you to guide and support the team.
Apply today or contact Jamie Collins (jamie AT grossmandorland.com) or Bruce Dorland (bruce AT grossmandorland.com) for further details.
Founded in 2007, gdR’s mission is to grow the leadership capacity and capabilities of people and companies in the Canadian tech ecosystem through executive search, team recruiting and leadership development.
We’re actively involved in the community by creating opportunities for people to connect and learn from one another e.g. Canadian Tech at Scale (in partnership with Shopify & Uber ATG), which brings 200+ engineering leaders together.
gdR values inclusion in Canada’s tech ecosystem and partners with employers that provide equal opportunities for individuals from diverse groups. If you’re interested in moving to Canada, although we can’t sponsor you, we have put together resources to help you with your journey.
Follow gdR on LinkedIn and Twitter updates on new roles in tech.