gdR has been retained by Fleet Complete to lead their search for a Vice President, Product. Fleet Complete is one of Canada's fastest-growing tech companies with global presence and 800+ employees worldwide. The company provides connected mobility solutions and services to more than 600,000 subscribers and 40,000 businesses and government organizations across Canada, the U.S., Mexico, Australia, and Europe.
VP Product Position Highlights
- As part of the Global Leadership Team, reporting directly to the CTO, George Staikos, you will lead the Product Management, Design and Data Analytics function globally.
- As the product evangelist, you will be accountable for building the product vision in partnership with the leadership team and will guide: market strategy (e.g., market problems, distinctive competencies, competitive landscape), product focus (e.g., market definition, distribution, roadmap), business definition (business plan, pricing, product profitability), and product planning (positioning, personas, requirements, stakeholder communications).
- You will mature the product management approach and processes that enable Fleet Complete to grow as a market-driven organization.
- You will provide strong leadership and coaching for the product management and design team, which currently includes 15 people globally. You will also support, motivate, delegate, develop, and hold team members accountable to achieve their targets and professional goals.
- Collaborating with Sales and Professional Services, you will work closely with customers to understand their needs, manage expectations, and provide a clear vision and roadmap.
- Your leadership will inspire the team and the organization at large to consider new ways of working together to reach new heights.
- There will be periodic travel to global offices and customer sites.
- Preference is for this position to be based in Toronto, however there is flexibility if there’s an openness to travel regularly to Toronto.
- Preference for this position is to be based out of Toronto, however, there is flexibility for regular travel to Toronto for exceptional candidates outside of Toronto.
- Seasoned product leader with executive level experience. This position has board-level exposure.
- Demonstrated success as a strategic thinker in a product leadership position at a company of significant scale and complexity.
- Product team leadership experience, overseeing a team of product managers and designers, together with coaching and growing PM capabilities.
- Design and delivery of enterprise-grade SaaS products with a great customer experience.
- A change agent with in-depth knowledge of company or platform transformations.
- Involvement with senior customer executives to build relationships, understanding their needs and sharing one vision, while managing expectations effectively.
- Industry know-how in IoT, fleet management, field service, asset management or transportation management is an advantage, but not required.