We're recruiting a Senior Software Engineer for a Toronto-based AI startup that's transforming a massive industry. This 40 person company is well-backed by leading a top Silicon Valley VC and has strong product/market fit where they're solving real problems with real product.
- Reports to the CTO, whom you’ll work very closely with.
- Senior most engineering position. Same level as a Manager.
- New position created due to their need to scale and build their senior engineering capabilities
- Focus of the role is: build experiments, tactical code contribution, patterns/practices for architecture, strategic experiments to evaluate approaches, rapid prototyping, strong tech voice for eng decisions, partner with Eng Mgr to help guide the eng group.
- Proactively grow the technical capacity of team members - not just make decisions for everyone.
- Must understand how to scale products/systems and help further establish product-market fit.
- While it’s a Python environment, open to other languages. Background in AI is not required - this is a great opportunity to gain exposure though.
- Python, AWS, React
- Significant usage of AWS services. AWS partnership is strong and there’s an opportunity for the Sr Eng to work closely with AWS and contribute to their product roadmap.
- NLP is at the heart of their product. Strong ML team that’s getting the most out of classifiers.
Apply today or contact Brandon Shim-Ping, Director of Talent, at brandon AT grossmandorland DOT com to learn more.
Founded in 2007, gdR’s mission is to grow the leadership capacity and capabilities of people and companies in the Canadian tech ecosystem through executive search, team recruiting and leadership development.
We’re actively involved in the community by creating opportunities for people to connect and learn from one another e.g. Canadian Tech at Scale (in partnership with Shopify & Uber ATG), which brings 200+ engineering leaders together.
gdR values inclusion in Canada’s tech ecosystem and partners with employers that provide equal opportunities for individuals from diverse groups. If you’re interested in moving to Canada, although we can’t sponsor you, we have put together resources to help you with your journey.
Follow gdR on LinkedIn and Twitter updates on new roles in tech.
- The leadership team has significant success in the Valley & Canada and it's a fully remote workplace (always has been & eng team is based in Toronto).
- Transforming an old-school industry that's ripe for disruption. They're 4 years in and have great momentum.
- Platform is wide ranging: generative design, HW elements, software that powers a revolutionary customer experience.
- 15M VC, led by significant US VCs and angels. Strong financial footing with solid revenue streams.
- Stack is Python (Django), React, Postgres, AWS.
- Experience with Docker, AWS, Ansible or other similar technologies is required.
- We're open to sys admins that can design and write well-formed, re-usable infrastructure modules or software engineers that have moved into the SRE world.