We're recruiting an Engineering Lead, Autonomous Vehicles for a Silicon Valley-based AV startup that's opened a new product development Toronto site. If you're a team lead, manager or director in the robotics or autonomous vehicle industry, check this opportunity out as it's a unique chance to join an AV startup that is about to take off and is committed to growing their Toronto site. Oh and they have real and major customers in production.
- Real opportunity to commercialize AV - they solve real problems and has real customers, contracts, and revenues.
Industry-leading team in robotics and AI that have worked successfully together in a distributed team model.
- Become the first Toronto-based engineering leader & help establish the company as a leader in the Toronto AV community.
- Collaborate with leading research teams @ U of Waterloo and U of Toronto.
- Lead and grow the engineering team in Toronto for software development and testing
- Guide the team to create a technical direction and execution plan to solve ambiguous autonomous vehicle problems
- Propose and develop software and hardware architecture based on product requirements
- Contribute 50% hands on development and 50% management
- Have a thorough understanding of the key architectural decisions and drive the technical initiatives needed to deliver on critical company level goals
- Ensure that your team delivers high quality, fast and reliable production code
- Drive the testing, documentation, verification and productization of the algorithms
- Lead cross functional development across engineering, operations, AV integrity, and technical program management
- Masters’ degree in CS, Robotics or related field
5+ years general software engineering experience
- Skilled software developer with experience writing C++ in production environment
- Strong leadership and solid project management skills
Prior experience in fields related to the product area (e.g. deep learning, robotics, autonomous vehicles)
- Experience in software design for safety-critical systems
Familiarity with various sensor technologies such as LIDAR, cameras, IMU, etc. and sensor fusion
- Experience formulating and driving a principled product vision, and owning the narrative with leadership and key stakeholders
- Flexibility/adaptability for working in a dynamic environment with different platforms and requirements
Apply today or contact Brandon Shim-Ping, Director of Talent, at brandon AT grossmandorland DOT com to learn more.