gdR is recruiting a Data Engineer (Montreal, Waterloo) for a Fast-growing lab that combines research + applied work with offices in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver working to advance AI applications and build solid products. These applications are cutting-edge solutions that intersect machine learning and engineering. The team of engineers, data scientists and product managers work in collaboration with leading researchers and global institutions, including the Vector Institute.
About the Company:
- Fast-growing lab that combines research + applied work to advance AI applications and build solid products. These applications are cutting-edge solutions that intersect machine learning and engineering.
- Team of 40 people on the applied side across all locations. Engineers, Data Scientists, and Product Managers work in collaboration with leading researchers and global institutions, including the Vector Institute.
- Passionate and dedicated to the growth and advancement of the AI ecosystem through partnerships with academia.
As one of the key hires on this team, you’ll be helping to scale the product by assisting with the development and implementation of the data pipelines. You’ll also be leading and helping to develop the junior developers on the team.
You’re the ideal Data Engineer (Montreal, Waterloo) if you have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience with software development.
- Familiarity working with a variety of databases (ex. SWL, NoSQL, and graph).
- Previous experience with ETL, data warehousing, etc.
As the Data Engineer (Montreal, Waterloo) here’s how you’ll make an impact:
- Provide daily leadership, mentorship, peer review and quality control.
- Collaborate with engineers to build and optimize data pipeline and to deploy these capabilities.
- Build these data pipelines while incorporating automation in production environments.
Apply today for the Data Engineer (Montreal, Waterloo) role or contact Mandy Cole, Talent & Client Manager, at mandy AT grossmandorland DOT com to learn more.
Founded in 2007, gdR’s objective is to grow the leadership capacity and capabilities of people and companies in the Canadian tech ecosystem through Executive Recruiting, Individual Contributor Level Recruiting and Leadership Coaching & Development.
We’re actively involved in the community by creating opportunities for people to connect and learn from one another e.g. Canadian Tech at Scale (in partnership with Shopify), which brings 120+ engineering leaders.
gdR values inclusion in Canada’s tech ecosystem and partners with employers that provide equal opportunities for individuals from diverse groups. If you’re interested in moving to Canada, although we can’t sponsor you here are some resources to help you with your journey.
Mandy has a passion for emerging technologies and building strong teams. She has several years of recruitment experience working with high tech companies across North America.