85 Enterprise Blvd # 407 Markham, Ontario L6G 0B5
gdR is recruiting a UI Designer for an award-winning tech company that is disrupting the transportation industry in Markham. They are investing in people to accelerate the growth of their business (currently 35% YOY growth), and they want to partner with people who are interested in scaling alongside them. Even though the team is growing, they are still small enough to be agile and make decisions quickly; no red tape or bureaucracy.
About the Company:
- Established, award-winning company. 60+ employees.
- 400+ midsize enterprise customers and close to $10M revenue. The company is consistently growing with 35% year over year growth.
- Located in Markham in a brand new office. Competitive salary + bonus.
- Interesting technical elements include extensive microservices and significant performance and scale requirements.
As the first design hire on this team, you’ll be instrumental in creating effective designs for products. There’s lots of opportunity to optimize on the current design of the product. It’s an exciting challenge to take on for an award-winning, industry leader!
You’re the ideal UI Designer if you have:
- 2+ years of relevant product design experience (B2B products is an asset).
- Strong design fundamentals and best practices for desktop and mobile applications.
- Passion for design, positive outlook and a thick skin (ability to embrace feedback).
- A portfolio of work (required).
As the UI Designer here’s how you’ll make an impact:
- Create wireframes, mockups and flows.
- Collaborate with the dev team and product managers to design the product.
- Lead mockups and/or iterations based on customer feedback and testing.
Apply today for the UI Designer role or contact Jamie Collins, Talent & Client Manager, at jamie AT grossmandorland DOT com to learn more.
Founded in 2007, gdR’s objective is to grow the leadership capacity and capabilities of people and companies in the Canadian tech ecosystem through Executive Recruiting, Individual Contributor Level Recruiting and Leadership Coaching & Development.
We’re actively involved in the community by creating opportunities for people to connect and learn from one another e.g. Canadian Tech at Scale (in partnership with Shopify), which brings 120+ engineering leaders.
gdR values inclusion in Canada’s tech ecosystem and partners with employers that provide equal opportunities for individuals from diverse groups. If you’re interested in moving to Canada, although we can’t sponsor you here are some resources to help you with your journey.