Toronto, Ontario | Permanent
gdR is recruiting a Software Development Manager for a fast-growing company redefining the meaning of smart grids by empowering a decentralized energy economy through a sustainable platform. Other than an initial funding of $5M+, the company has been self-funded through government grants and strategic partnerships with utility companies across North America. It's a unique opportunity to join a company that's targeting a huge global industry as a first mover.
About the Company:
- Redefining the meaning of smart grids by empowering a decentralized energy economy through a sustainable platform.
- Initial investment of $5M+ and self-funded through government grants and strategic partnerships with utility companies across NA.
- Team of 50+ employees.
As the second manager on the team, you’ll have a lot of potential to help grow the engineering team at a company that’s rapidly growing. There’s lots of potential and room for growth!
You’re the ideal Software Development Manager if you have:
- 2+ years’ experience managing developers in an Agile environment.
- Previous experience mentoring team members including reviewing performance and feedback.
- Strategic thinking skills and have the ability to anticipate problems and provide solutions.
As the Software Development Manager here’s how you’ll make an impact:
- Manage and collaborate with teams through a hands-on approach in order to meet deliverables according to business goals.
- Mentor associates, including reviewing performance and providing feedback.
- Contribute to strategic planning of engineering efforts through technical decisions.
Apply today for the Software Development Manager role or contact Jamie Collins, Talent & Client Manager, at jamie AT grossmandorland DOT com to learn more.
Founded in 2007, gdRs objective is to grow the leadership capacity and capabilities of people and companies in the Canadian tech ecosystem through Executive Recruiting, Individual Contributor Level Recruiting and Leadership Coaching & Development.
We’re actively involved in the community by creating opportunities for people to connect and learn from one another e.g. Canadian Tech at Scale (in partnership with Shopify & Pivotal), which brings 120+ engineering leaders.
gdR values inclusion in Canada’s tech ecosystem and partners with employers that provide equal opportunities for individuals from diverse groups. If you’re interested in moving to Canada, although we can’t sponsor you here are some resources to help you with your journey.