Software Developer in Test
Toronto, Ontario | Permanent
Software Developer in Test
gdR is recruiting multiple Software Developers in Test for a global FinTech leader building a new Toronto tech innovation lab. While they are a large tech company, this office is highly entrepreneurial and very much a startup environment, but with a big budget, brand, and commitment to improving user experience for their customers.
About the Company:
- Global FinTech leader with a Toronto product dev office focused on innovation.
- Big budget, brand and commitment to improving user experience for their customers.
- Modern process environment that uses agile, TDD, CI, full automation, and paired programming where it makes sense.
- Stack includes Java, Angular, Hadoop, Cucumber (automation), RESTful APIs, Amazon Cloud, etc.
- Since their focus is innovation and they're developing an array of new applications they're open to working with whichever languages and tools get the job done best.
It’s an opportunity to work with one of the most progressive Fintech leaders in the space. They’re working with the latest technologies and have committed to moving everything onto the cloud (AWS). The organization also actively encourages test folks to move into engineering roles.
You’re the ideal Software Developers in Test if you have:
- Have a thorough understanding of software development design, user interface, databases and various programming languages.
- Approaching testing as a Developer and leverage coding skills (Python, Pearl, Java, etc.) and test automation tools to break apart underlying code to deliver high quality products.
- Have the user’s best interests in mind and design testing tools and perform whitebox testing to ensure overall bug-free health of the product.
As the Software Developers in Test here’s how you’ll make an impact:
- Work closely with other developers to introduce test automation for functional, performance and scalability testing.
- Work on platforms used by millions of customers and that span the business (marketing, loyalty, customer service, big data/analytics, self-service, etc.). Includes customer-facing web/mobile apps and internally used applications that support customers, analytics, etc.
- Collaborate with the US head office technology teams, which includes high profile developers and designers from some of the world’s top tech companies.
Apply today for the Software Developers in Test role or contact Isra Mohammed, Talent & Client Manager, at isra AT grossmandorland DOT com to learn more.
About gdR | Grossman Dorland Recruiting
Founded in 2007, Grossman Dorland Recruiting (gdR)s objective is to grow the leadership capacity and capabilities of people and companies in the Canadian tech ecosystem through Executive Recruiting, Individual Contributor Level Recruiting and Leadership Coaching & Development.
We’re actively involved in the community by creating opportunities for people to connect and learn from one another e.g. Canadian Tech at Scale (in partnership with Shopify & Pivotal), which brings 120+ engineering leaders.
gdR values inclusion in Canada’s tech ecosystem and partners with employers that provide equal opportunities for individuals from diverse groups. If you’re interested in moving to Canada, although we can’t sponsor you here are some resources to help you with your journey.