Toronto, Ontario M5T1Z7 | Permanent
gdR is recruiting a Product Designer for fast-growing tech company building IoT products for massive global brands. Much of what they build are unique, never-been-built products. And you won't just be working on one project or product, there will be a wide range that will each be 'firsts' in the industry.
About the Company:
- Growing startup building never-been-built custom products for large brands.
- 70+ passionate employees that have come from some of the world’s top tech companies.
- New projects constantly with cool clients in Canada and internationally.
- Chance to work across a wide variety of platforms, like virtual reality, wearables and smartwatches.
- Work on a wide range of projects that are often industry “firsts” - they're building stuff that no one has done before.
If you’re eager about leading the design process and passionate about the latest in IoT technology, then this is for you! Not to mention, you’ll be working on “never-been-built” projects for some of the most successful brands and tech companies.
You’re the ideal Product Designer if you have:
- 2+ years’ experience in a startup environment. Requires experience leading clients/stakeholders through the analysis phase of the UX process.
- Any mix of skills and experience designing high quality, consumer-focused web and mobile apps.
- Experience with design tools like Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience with user research and testing.
- Great communication skills, are a collaborative, hands-on team player and can be very comfortable working in a fast-paced, agile environment.
As the Product Designer here’s how you’ll make an impact:
- Great leadership & client facing opportunity. Core of this role is leading company’s clients through the initial analysis and research phase: running lean product workshops, defining client’s problem, organizing thoughts, determining what their custom product solution needs to achieve, conducting research, etc.
- Work with the rest of your design team to execute the UX design process with wireframes and prototypes.
Apply today for the Product Designer role or contact Samantha Colaco, Talent & Client Manager, at samantha AT grossmandorland DOT com to learn more.
About gdR | Grossman Dorland Recruiting
Founded in 2007, Grossman Dorland Recruiting (gdR)s objective is to grow the leadership capacity and capabilities of people and companies in the Canadian tech ecosystem through Executive Recruiting, Individual Contributor Level Recruiting and Leadership Coaching & Development.
We’re actively involved in the community by creating opportunities for people to connect and learn from one another e.g. Canadian Tech at Scale (in partnership with Shopify & Pivotal), which brings 120+ engineering leaders.
gdR values inclusion in Canada’s tech ecosystem and partners with employers that provide equal opportunities for individuals from diverse groups. If you’re interested in moving to Canada, although we can’t sponsor you here are some resources to help you with your journey.