Int. to Sr. Full Stack Developer (Java)
Toronto, Ontario M4T2T5 | Permanent
Int. to Sr. Fullstack Developer (Java)
gdR is recruiting a Int. to Sr. Fullstack Developer for a global FinTech leader building a new Toronto tech innovation lab. While they are a large tech company, this office is highly entrepreneurial and very much a startup environment, but with a big budget, brand, and commitment to improving user experience for their customers.
About the Company:
- Global FinTech leader with a Toronto product dev office focused on innovation.
- Big budget, brand and commitment to improving user experience for their customers.
- Modern process environment that uses agile, TDD, CI, full automation, and paired programming where it makes sense.
- Stack includes Java, Angular, Hadoop, Cucumber (automation), RESTful APIs, Amazon Cloud, etc.
- Since their focus is innovation and they're developing an array of new applications they're open to working with whichever languages and tools get the job done best.
It’s an opportunity to work with one of the most progressive Fintech leaders in the space. They’re working with the latest technologies and have committed to moving everything onto the cloud (AWS). The organization also actively encourages test folks to move into engineering roles.
You’re the ideal Int. to Sr. Fullstack Developer if you have:
- 8+ years of experience in software development using Java or another language (Ruby, Python, etc.) If you don’t have experience with Java you must be open to learning it.
- Strong engineering skills with openness to expanding your toolbelt and being a big contributor, since you’ll be working on a fullstack team and be expected to contribute across the stack eventually.
- Confidence in a truly Agile environment with minimal direction. Development works in smaller, self-forming teams that determine their own process and priorities. You won’t be told what to do.
- Ideally, experience with RESTful web services, MVC, programming with JS.
- Open source community contributions, (e.g, Github) or other peer-acknowledged contributions are a nice to have.
As the Int. to Sr. Fullstack Developer here’s how you’ll make an impact:
- Build some awesome products and be big contributors to a high-performing team of strong software developers growing overall capacity.
- Contribute to architecture and development across the stack including Java. You don’t need to be a fullstack developer currently by you must be a strong engineer open to learning and expanding your toolbelt.
- Work on platforms used by millions of customers that span the business (marketing, loyalty, customer service, big data/analytics, self-service, etc.). Includes customer-facing web/mobile apps and internally used applications that support customers, analytics, etc.
- Collaborate with the US head office technology teams, which include high profile developers and designers from some of the world’s top tech companies.
Apply today for the Int. to Sr. Fullstack Developer role or contact Jamie Collins, Talent & Client Manager, at jamie AT grossmandorland DOT com to learn more.
About gdR | Grossman Dorland Recruiting
Founded in 2007, Grossman Dorland Recruiting (gdR)s objective is to grow the leadership capacity and capabilities of people and companies in the Canadian tech ecosystem through Executive Recruiting, Individual Contributor Level Recruiting and Leadership Coaching & Development.
We’re actively involved in the community by creating opportunities for people to connect and learn from one another e.g. Canadian Tech at Scale (in partnership with Shopify & Pivotal), which brings 120+ engineering leaders.
gdR values inclusion in Canada’s tech ecosystem and partners with employers that provide equal opportunities for individuals from diverse groups. If you’re interested in moving to Canada, although we can’t sponsor you here are some resources to help you with your journey.