gdR is recruiting an Head of Engineering for an up-and-coming startup aiming to better transition students after their post-secondary studies into full-time employees in the workplace. The offering is a platform that presents numerous opportunities to refine their soft skills anywhere at anytime and combines aspects of major social media platforms such as Facebook and Snapchat. The founding team is excited to work with impactful individuals and have worked at top companies including Versett, KPMG and IBM. The office is a new space that's close to Union Station (great for those who commute into the city!). The founders are looking to elevate the work environment through team events and yearly team summits.
About the Company:
- Company is aiming to better transition students after their post-secondary studies into full-time employees in the workplace.
- Platform combines the major aspects of social media platforms such as Facebook and Snapchat.
- Founding team are successful leaders who’ve worked at top companies including Versett, KPMG and IBM.
- Office is close to Union Station--great for those who commute into the city!
As the head of Engineering, you’ll work alongside the founding team and have the opportunity to build out an engineering team underneath you. It’s an exciting time to help the startup grow.
You’re the ideal Head of Engineering if you have:
- 5+ years of web or mobile development with an eye for UI. Firebase exp is required.
- Several years of experience with the product development process.
- Previous experience growing an engineering team.
As the Head of Engineering here’s how you’ll make an impact:
- Build out the backend while maintaining iOS.
- Own and drive the product roadmap.
- Hire, train and grow the engineering team.
- Provide input for weekly reviews, product meetings and team-standups.
Apply today for the Head of Engineering role or contact Isra Mohammed, Talent & Client Manager, at isra AT grossmandorland DOT com to learn more.
Founded in 2007, gdRs objective is to grow the leadership capacity and capabilities of people and companies in the Canadian tech ecosystem through Executive Recruiting, Individual Contributor Level Recruiting and Leadership Coaching & Development.
We’re actively involved in the community by creating opportunities for people to connect and learn from one another e.g. Canadian Tech at Scale (in partnership with Shopify & Pivotal), which brings 120+ engineering leaders.
gdR values inclusion in Canada’s tech ecosystem and partners with employers that provide equal opportunities for individuals from diverse groups. If you’re interested in moving to Canada, although we can’t sponsor you here are some resources to help you with your journey.