Toronto, Ontario M5T 1Z7
gdR is recruiting a Embedded Software Developer (Int - Sr) for one of North America's top startups making international waves with their product that is driving innovation in the IoT space. The company is well-funded with backing from leading US and Canadian VCs and their customers include large enterprise. Given the scale of their customers, the global impact will be significant.
About the Company:
- 40+ employees. Vibrant, motivated team, heavy innovation and engineering environment. Great time to get in and grow with the company.
- Downtown Toronto. Well-funded with backing from leading US and Canadian VCs.
- Their customers include large enterprises, who in turn will have their employees and customers use the technology for a wide variety of applications. Given the scale of their customers, the global impact will be significant.
- Compensation package includes highly competitive base salary, limitless vacation, equity (that will undoubtedly be worth something), full benefits + all the perks of a cool startup environment.
It’s an unique and interesting opportunity to jump in and develop new and exciting firmware/embedded systems. You'll be working in a heavy innovation and engineering environment for one of North America's top IoT startups!
You’re the ideal Embedded Software Developer (Int - Sr) if you have:
- Expertise in C/C++ for embedded systems (bare metal/RTOS), including debugging techniques.
- Experience in low power microcontrollers (ARM M0, M4), performance optimization (memory, speed, power), and cryptography/secure coding.
- Familiarity with protocols for wireless communication (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC) and hardware peripheral devices (SPI, I2C, USB, DMA, ADC).
- Skills using laboratory equipment (oscilloscope, logic analyzer).
As the Embedded Software Developer (Int - Sr) here’s how you’ll make an impact:
- Design, test, troubleshoot and maintain firmware for wearable devices, as well as firmware-hardware integration.
- Develop application-level communication protocols.
- Contribute to the design of the next generation of solutions.
Apply today for the Embedded Software Developer (Int - Sr) role or contact Brandon Sim-Ping, Director, Talent, at brandon AT grossmandorland DOT com to learn more.
Founded in 2007, gdRs objective is to grow the leadership capacity and capabilities of people and companies in the Canadian tech ecosystem through Executive Recruiting, Individual Contributor Level Recruiting and Leadership Coaching & Development.
We’re actively involved in the community by creating opportunities for people to connect and learn from one another e.g. Canadian Tech at Scale (in partnership with Shopify & Pivotal), which brings 120+ engineering leaders.
gdR values inclusion in Canada’s tech ecosystem and partners with employers that provide equal opportunities for individuals from diverse groups. If you’re interested in moving to Canada, although we can’t sponsor you here are some resources to help you with your journey.