Toronto, Ontario | Permanent
gdR is recruiting an Backend Software Engineer for a high-profile, growing startup looking to digitize local commerce with their mobile app. With more than $100M+ raised from top VCs, their next steps are to expand into Australia and London. It's a highly entrepreneurial environment with a Glassdoor rating of 4+ out of 5. It's a great time to get in with a growing company!
About the Company:
- Looking to digitize local commerce with their mobile app.
- Raised more than $100M+ in funding from top VCs.
- Future plans are to expand into Australia and London.
- Glassdoor rating of 4+ out of 5.
You’ll be joining an incredible team with successful leaders from top tech companies. It’s an incredible time to get in with a growing company who’s looking to expand into other countries. It’s an entrepreneurial environment with lots of room for growth.
You’re the ideal Backend Software Engineer if you have:
- Previous experience with SQL, RDBMS and NoSQL.
- Excellent foundation in computer science especially in the areas of data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Strong coding ability combined with a belief of software design.
As the Backend Software Engineer here’s how you’ll make an impact:
- Perform testing to optimize the algorithm, process and/or infrastructure.
- Develop functional applications that meet the requirements of the project.
- Provide daily leadership, mentorship, peer review and quality control.
Apply today for the Backend Software Engineer role or contact Brandon Shim-Ping, Director, Talent, at brandon AT grossmandorland DOT com to learn more.
Founded in 2007, gdRs objective is to grow the leadership capacity and capabilities of people and companies in the Canadian tech ecosystem through Executive Recruiting, Individual Contributor Level Recruiting and Leadership Coaching & Development.
We’re actively involved in the community by creating opportunities for people to connect and learn from one another e.g. Canadian Tech at Scale (in partnership with Shopify & Pivotal), which brings 120+ engineering leaders.
gdR values inclusion in Canada’s tech ecosystem and partners with employers that provide equal opportunities for individuals from diverse groups. If you’re interested in moving to Canada, although we can’t sponsor you here are some resources to help you with your journey.