Toronto, Ontario | Permanent
gdR is recruiting a Backend Engineer (Java) for a high-profile, growing startup looking to digitize local commerce with their mobile app. With more than $100M+ raised from top VCs, their next steps are to expand into Australia and London. It's a highly entrepreneurial environment with a Glassdoor rating of 4+ out of 5. It's a great time to get in with a growing company!
About the Company:
- Looking to digitize local commerce with their mobile app.
- Raised more than $100M+ in funding from top VCs.
- Future plans are to expand into Australia and London.
- Glassdoor rating of 4+ out of 5.
You’ll be joining an incredible team with successful leaders from top tech companies. It’s an incredible time to get in with a growing company who’s looking to expand into other countries. It’s an entrepreneurial environment with lots of room for growth!
You’re the ideal Backend Engineer (Java) if you have:
- Experience designing and implementing mobile applications and RESTful services.
- Good knowledge of HTTP specifics and various networking protocols/terminology (TCP/IP, gateways, routers, firewalls).
- Experience working with relational (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server) and non-relational databases (MongoDB, GraphDB).
As the Backend Engineer (Java) here’s how you’ll make an impact:
- Provide daily leadership, mentorship, peer review and quality control.
- Work with lead engineers and architects to plan tasks and strategies to scale.
Apply today for the Backend Engineer (Java) role or contact Jamie Collins, Talent & Client Manager, at jamie AT grossmandorland DOT com to learn more.
About gdR | Grossman Dorland Recruiting
Founded in 2007, Grossman Dorland Recruiting (gdR)s objective is to grow the leadership capacity and capabilities of people and companies in the Canadian tech ecosystem through Executive Recruiting, Individual Contributor Level Recruiting and Leadership Coaching & Development.
We’re actively involved in the community by creating opportunities for people to connect and learn from one another e.g. Canadian Tech at Scale (in partnership with Shopify & Pivotal), which brings 120+ engineering leaders.
gdR values inclusion in Canada’s tech ecosystem and partners with employers that provide equal opportunities for individuals from diverse groups. If you’re interested in moving to Canada, although we can’t sponsor you here are some resources to help you with your journey.