gdR is recruiting an Android Developer for an up-and-coming startup aiming to better transition students after their post-secondary studies into full-time employees in the workplace. The offering is a platform that presents numerous opportunities to refine their soft skills anywhere at anytime and combines aspects of major social media platforms such as Facebook and Snapchat. The founding team is excited to work with impactful individuals and have worked at top companies including Versett, KPMG and IBM. The office is a new space that's close to Union Station (great for those who commute into the city!). The founders are looking to elevate the work environment through team events and yearly team summits.
About the Company:
- Company is aiming to better transition students after their post-secondary studies into full-time employees in the workplace.
- Platform combines the major aspects of social media platforms such as Facebook and Snapchat.
- Founding team are successful leaders who’ve worked at top companies including Versett, KPMG and IBM.
- Office is close to Union Station--great for those who commute into the city!
As the sole Android developer, you’ll have a chance to build and take ownership of the code. It requires someone who’s startup-minded and is passionate about the company mission and social impact. You’ll work alongside the founding team (while reporting directly into the Head of Engineering) and have the opportunity to grow into a leadership position.
You’re the ideal Android Developer if you have:
- Solid native Android development experience using Java. Open to developers from 2+ years experience to Senior level.
- Experience with mobile testing frameworks.
- Proficient in using design tools.
As the Android Developer here’s how you’ll make an impact:
- Develop the Android app from scratch and get ready for production.
- Work closely with the Head of Engineering on the product roadmap and features that’ll be shipped every two weeks.
- Provide input for weekly design reviews, product meetings and team stand-ups.
Apply today for the Android Developer role or contact Isra Mohammed, Talent & Client Manager, at isra AT grossmandorland DOT com to learn more.
Founded in 2007, gdRs objective is to grow the leadership capacity and capabilities of people and companies in the Canadian tech ecosystem through Executive Recruiting, Individual Contributor Level Recruiting and Leadership Coaching & Development.
We’re actively involved in the community by creating opportunities for people to connect and learn from one another e.g. Canadian Tech at Scale (in partnership with Shopify & Pivotal), which brings 120+ engineering leaders.
gdR values inclusion in Canada’s tech ecosystem and partners with employers that provide equal opportunities for individuals from diverse groups. If you’re interested in moving to Canada, although we can’t sponsor you here are some resources to help you with your journey.