Toronto, Ontario | Permanent
gdR is recruiting a UX Designer for a Toronto company focused on enhancing live experiences for millions of people around the world. Recognized as one of the fastest growing startups, with multiple awards for its product offering. Over 15 million users with 5 star customer reviews.
About the Company:
- Located in downtown Toronto; 100 employees.
- Awarded as one of the fastest growing startups, and recognized as a leader in the tech industry.
- Very profitable, haven't taken on any VC. Focused on building a sustainable business and continuing organic growth.
- Over 15 million users with numerous 5 star customer reviews.
- Compensation package includes 4 weeks vacation, stock options after three months, benefits on day one and includes the possibility of work-from-home (some days).
As the one of the first people to join the design team, you’ll have the opportunity to lead design initiatives and report directly into the Head of Design. Perfect for someone who’s passionate about design and wants growth in their career.
You’re the ideal UX Designer if you have:
- 3-5+ years of design experience.
- Portfolio of work (professional and personal) with examples of your storytelling skills.
- Great design skills (layout, information hierarchy, colour, etc).
- Basic HTML/CSS skills to transform designs into a reality (bonus).
As the UX Designer here’s how you’ll make an impact:
- Bring together various aspects of the product into one core interface.
- Create engaging interactions with use of transitions, colours, motions, etc.
- Manage multiple products in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Collaborate with product personnel and engineers to devise solutions to problems. The product development process heavily relies on customer feedback.
Apply today for the UX Designer role or contact Samantha Colaco, Talent & Client Manager, at samantha AT grossmandorland DOT com to learn more.
About gdR | Grossman Dorland Recruiting
Founded in 2007, Grossman Dorland Recruiting (gdR)s objective is to grow the leadership capacity and capabilities of people and companies in the Canadian tech ecosystem through Executive Recruiting, Individual Contributor Level Recruiting and Leadership Coaching & Development.
We’re actively involved in the community by creating opportunities for people to connect and learn from one another e.g. Canadian Tech at Scale (in partnership with Shopify & Pivotal), which brings 120+ engineering leaders.
gdR values inclusion in Canada’s tech ecosystem and partners with employers that provide equal opportunities for individuals from diverse groups. If you’re interested in moving to Canada, although we can’t sponsor you here are some resources to help you with your journey.
Follow gdR on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook for updates on new roles in tech.