Toronto, Ontario M5T1Z7
gdR is recruiting a Sr. Development Manager for a global FinTech leader building a new Toronto tech innovation lab. While they are a large tech company, this office is highly entrepreneurial and very much a startup environment, but with a big budget, brand, and commitment to improving user experience for their customers.
About the Company:
- Global FinTech leader with a Toronto product dev office focused on innovation.
- Big budget, brand and commitment to improving user experience for their customers.
- Modern process environment that uses agile, TDD, CI, full automation, and paired programming where it makes sense.
- Stack includes Java, Angular, Hadoop, Cucumber (automation), RESTful APIs, Amazon Cloud, etc.
- Since their focus is innovation and they're developing an array of new applications they're open to working with whichever languages and tools get the job done best.
It’s an opportunity to work with one of the most progressive Fintech leaders in the space. They’re working with the latest technologies and have committed to moving everything onto the cloud (AWS). The organization also actively encourages test folks to move into engineering roles.
You’re the ideal Sr. Development Manager if you have:
- 5+ years’ experience designing, architecting and developing applications/data.
- 5+ years’ experience project managing IT dev lifecycle.
As the Sr. Development Manager here’s how you’ll make an impact:
- Lead and collaborate with teams (both technically and in workflows) to meet deliverables according to business goals.
- Mentor associates, including reviewing performance and providing corrective feedback.
- Contribute to strategic planning of engineering efforts such as root cause analysis and long-term prioritization.
Apply today for the Sr. Development Manager role or contact Jamie Collins, Talent & Client Manager, at jamie AT grossmandorland DOT com to learn more.
Founded in 2007, gdRs objective is to grow the leadership capacity and capabilities of people and companies in the Canadian tech ecosystem through Executive Recruiting, Individual Contributor Level Recruiting and Leadership Coaching & Development.
We’re actively involved in the community by creating opportunities for people to connect and learn from one another e.g. Canadian Tech at Scale (in partnership with Shopify & Pivotal), which brings 120+ engineering leaders.
gdR values inclusion in Canada’s tech ecosystem and partners with employers that provide equal opportunities for individuals from diverse groups. If you’re interested in moving to Canada, although we can’t sponsor you here are some resources to help you with your journey.