Software Developer in Test
Toronto, Ontario | Permanent
Software Developer in Test
Grossman Dorland Recruiting (gdR) has been growing Canada’s tech ecosystem for 10 years. We match top talent and executives with leading startups, tech companies and innovation labs, and grow leadership capacity through individual and organizational coaching. Our goal is to advise tech talent and organizations throughout their entire growth journey.
gdR is recruiting multiple Software Developers in Test for a global leader’s Toronto tech innovation lab. This is a great environment to build products with serious impact since you’ll be creating platforms for millions of customers backed by a large budget and brand.
- Global tech leader building new Toronto product development office focused on innovation. Big budget, brand and commitment to improving user experience for their customers.
- While company’s Canadian office has over 1000 employees, their tech product development team in Toronto is still small with a plan to keep it an agile startup environment even as it grows. Think of it as a startup but with the support of a large company behind you.
- Currently around 80 employees in the innovation group. Team includes full-stack developers, devops engineers, test engineers, product designers, product managers, and more.
- Modern process environment that uses agile, TDD, CI, full automation, and paired programming where it makes sense.
- Stack includes Java, Angular, Hadoop, Cucumber (automation), RESTful APIs, Amazon Cloud, etc. Since their focus is innovation and they’re developing an array of new applications they’re open to working with whichever languages and tools get the job done best.
- Easily accessible by TTC. On Yonge line.
You will thrive as a Software Developer in Test if you...
- Have a thorough understanding of software development design, user interface, databases and various programming languages.
- Approach testing as a Developer and leverage coding skills (Python, Pearl, Java, etc.) and test automation tools to break apart underlying code to deliver high quality products.
- Have the user's best interests in mind and design testing tools and perform white box testing to ensure overall bug-free health of the product.
As a Software Developer in Test you will…
- Work closely with other developers to introduce test automation for functional, performance and scalability testing.
- Work on platforms used by millions of customers and that span the business (marketing, loyalty, customer service, big data/analytics, self-service, etc.). Includes customer-facing web/mobile apps and internally used applications that support customers, analytics, etc..
- Collaborate with the US head office technology teams, which include high profile developers and designers from some of the world’s top tech companies.
Apply today for the Software Developers in Test role or contact Isra Mohammed, Talent & Client Manager, at isra AT grossmandorland DOT com to learn more.
gdR values inclusion in Canada’s tech ecosystem and partners with employers that provide equal opportunities for diversity groups.