Toronto, Ontario M5T1Z7 | Permanent
Grossman Dorland Recruiting (gdR) has been growing Canada’s tech ecosystem for 10 years. We match top talent and executives with leading startups, tech companies and innovation labs, and grow leadership capacity through individual and organizational coaching. Our goal is to advise tech talent and organizations throughout their entire growth journey.
gdR is recruiting a Product Designer for a fast-growing tech company building IoT products for massive global brands. Much of what they build are unique, never-been-built products. And you won't just be working on one project or product, there will be a wide range that will each be 'firsts' in the industry.
- Growing startup building never-been-built custom products for large brands.
- 70+ passionate employees that have come from some of the world’s top tech companies.
- New projects constantly with cool clients in Canada and internationally.
- Chance to work across a wide variety of platforms, like virtual reality, wearables and smartwatches.
- Work on a wide range of projects that are often industry “firsts” - they're building stuff that no one has done before.
You will thrive as the Product Designer if you have...
- 2+ years’ experience in a startup environment. Requires experience leading clients/stakeholders through the analysis phase of UX process.
- Any mix of skills and experience designing high-quality, consumer-focused web and mobile apps.
- Experience with design tools like Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience with user research and testing.
- Great communication skills, are a collaborative, hands-on team player, and be very comfortable working in a fast-paced, agile environment.
Responsibilities of the Product Designer...
- Great leadership & client-facing opportunity. Core of this role is leading company's clients through the initial analysis and research phase: running lean product workshops, defining client's problem, organizing thoughts, determining what their custom product solution needs to achieve, conducting research, etc.
- Work with the rest of your design team to execute the UX with wireframes and prototypes.
Apply today for the Product Designer role or contact Samantha Colaco, Talent & Client Manager, at samantha AT grossmandorland DOT com to learn more.
gdR values inclusion in Canada’s tech ecosystem and partners with employers that provide equal opportunities for diversity groups.