Int. to Sr. Full Stack Developer (Java)
Toronto, Ontario | Permanent
- Global tech leader building new Toronto product development office focused on innovation. Big budget, brand and commitment to improving user experience for their customers.
- While company’s Canadian office has over 1000 employees, their tech product development team in Toronto is still small with a plan to keep it an agile startup environment even as it grows. Think of it as a startup but with the support of a large company behind you.
- Currently 40 employees in the innovation group with a plan to double this in 2016. Team includes full-stack developers, devops engineers, test engineers, product designers, product managers, and more.
- Modern process environment that uses agile, TDD, CI, full automation, and paired programming where it makes sense.
- Stack includes Java, Angular, Hadoop, Cucumber (automation), RESTful APIs, Amazon Cloud, etc. Since their focus is innovation and they’re developing an array of new applications they’re open to working with whichever languages and tools get the job done best.
- Easily accessible by TTC. On Yonge line.
- Permanent, senior level opportunity.
- Company’s focus is growing the overall capacity of their team, so they’re looking for strong software developers who want to build some awesome products and be big contributors to this high-performing team.
- Contribute to architecture and development across the stack, including using Java. You don’t need to be a full-stack developer currently, but you must be a strong engineer open to learning and expanding your tool belt.
- Platforms you’ll be creating span the business (marketing, loyalty, customer service, big data/analytics, self-service, etc.) and include customer-facing web/mobile apps and internally used applications that support customers, analytics, etc.
- Collaborate with the US head office technology teams, which include high profile developers and designers from some of the world’s top tech companies.
- Requires 8+ years software development experience using Java or another language (Scala, Ruby, Python, etc.). If you don’t have experience with Java you must be open to learning it.
- You must be a strong engineer open to expanding your tool belt and being a big contributor, since you’ll be working on a full-stack team and be expected to contribute across the stack eventually.
- You must be comfortable in a truly agile environment with minimal direction. Development works in smaller, self-forming teams that determine their own process and priorities. You won’t be told what to do.
- Open source community contributions (e.g., GitHub) or other peer-acknowledged contributions are a nice to have. Show us what you’ve got :)
- Computer Science degree of equivalent is required but there are always exceptions for the right person.