Full Stack Developer (Java)
Toronto, Ontario | Permanent
Grossman Dorland Recruiting (gdR) has been growing Canada’s tech ecosystem for 10 years. We match top talent and executives with leading startups, tech companies and innovation labs, and grow leadership capacity through individual and organizational coaching. Our goal is to advise tech talent and organizations throughout their entire growth journey.
gdR (Grossman Dorland Recruiting) is recruiting a Full Stack Developer (Java) for a large fintech leader’s new digital lab for innovation and product development. Startup-like opportunity to build on top of a platform that already has a strong base of APIs, automation and cloud in place. And their brand new downtown Toronto office is picturesque with 360 views of the city! The Full Stack Developer (Java) will join the software engineering team to build new APIs and the backend platform components that will be consumed by new mobile and web apps.
- New downtown Toronto office.
- This company has seen strong international success with other labs they’ve launched globally.
- Startup-like opportunity to build on top of a platform that already has a strong base of APIs, automation and cloud in place.
- Design and create new mobile and web platforms for their customers, both business & consumer.
You will thrive as a Full Stack Developer (Java) with this client if you have...
- 5+ years’ experience building modern scalable web applications.
- Java and Spring (core, data, security, etc.) proficiency. You’ll also have the opportunity to work with other tech such as Node.js, Angular, etc.
- Restful services design and development experience. SOAP experience is not sufficient. Exposure to building web apps and working with front-end dev teams.
- Experience working in a tightly integrated agile product development environment with product, development, test and UX.
As the Full Stack Developer (Java) with our client you will be responsible for...
- Developing scalable server side APIs and applications.
- Using TDD principles to build secure, maintainable and reusable code.
- Working in Agile sprints (Scrum, Kanban).
- Supporting team and internal developer community.
Apply today for the Full Stack Developer (Java) role or contact Jamie Collins, Talent & Client Manager, at Jamie AT grossmandorland DOT com to learn more.
gdR values inclusion in Canada’s tech ecosystem and partners with employers that provide equal opportunities for individuals from diverse groups.