Sr. Development Manager
Toronto, Ontario M5T1Z7 | Permanent
Sr. Development Manager
Grossman Dorland Recruiting (gdR) has been growing Canada’s tech ecosystem for 10 years. We match top talent and executives with leading startups, tech companies and innovation labs, and grow leadership capacity through individual and organizational coaching. Our goal is to advise tech talent and organizations throughout their entire growth journey.
gdR is recruiting a Sr. Development Manager for a global leader building a new Toronto tech innovation lab. While they are a large tech company, this office is highly entrepreneurial and very much a startup environment, but with a big budget, brand, and commitment to improving user experience for their customers.
- Global tech leader building new Toronto product development office focused on innovation. Big budget, brand and commitment to improving user experience for their customers.
- While company’s Canadian office has over 1000 employees, their tech product development team in Toronto is still small with a plan to keep it an agile startup environment even as it grows. Think of it as a startup but with the support of a large company behind you.
- Currently around 80 employees in the innovation group. Team includes full-stack developers, devops engineers, test engineers, product designers, product managers, and more.
- Modern process environment that uses agile, TDD, CI, full automation, and paired programming where it makes sense.
- Stack includes Java, Angular, Hadoop, Cucumber (automation), RESTful APIs, Amazon Cloud, etc. Since their focus is innovation and they’re developing an array of new applications they’re open to working with whichever languages and tools get the job done best.
- Easily accessible by TTC. On Yonge line.
You will thrive as a Sr. Development Manager if you have…
- 5+ years’ experience designing, architecting and developing applications/data.
- 5+ years’ experience project managing IT dev lifecycle.
As a Sr. Development Manager you will...
- Lead and collaborate with teams (both technically and in workflows) to meet deliverables according to business goals.
- Mentor associates, including reviewing performance and providing corrective feedback.
- Contribute to strategic planning of engineering efforts such as root cause analysis and long-term prioritization.
Apply today for the Sr. Development Manager role or contact Jamie Collins, Talent & Client Manager, at jamie AT grossmandorland DOT com to learn more.
gdR values diversity and inclusion in Canada’s tech ecosystem and partners with employers that provide equal opportunities for minority groups.