Toronto, Ontario M5T1Z7 | Permanent
Grossman Dorland Recruiting (gdR) has been growing Canada’s tech ecosystem for 10 years. We match top talent and executives with leading startups, tech companies and innovation labs, and grow leadership capacity through individual and organizational coaching. Our goal is to advise tech talent and organizations throughout their entire growth journey.
gdR is recruiting a DevOps/Systems Engineer for a global leader building a new Toronto tech innovation lab. While they’re large tech company, this office is highly entrepreneurial and very much a startup environment. The DevOps/Systems Engineer is responsible for designing and building next generation products for millions of customers.
- Global tech leader building new Toronto product development office focused on innovation. Big budget, brand and commitment to improving user experience for their customers.
- While company’s Canadian office has over 1000 employees, their tech product development team in Toronto is still small with a plan to keep it an agile startup environment even as it grows. Think of it as a startup but with the support of a large company behind you.
- Currently around 80 employees in the innovation group. Team includes full-stack developers, DevOps engineers, test engineers, product designers, product managers, and more.
- Modern process environment that uses agile, TDD, CI, full automation, and paired programming where it makes sense.
- Stack includes Java, Angular, Hadoop, Cucumber (automation), RESTful APIs, Amazon Cloud, etc. Since their focus is innovation and they’re developing an array of new applications they’re open to working with whichever languages and tools get the job done best.
- Easily accessible by TTC. On Yonge line.
You will thrive as a DevOps/Systems Engineer if you have…
- 4+ years’ experience building a multitier infrastructure stack
- 4+ years’ experience with Linux, virtual machine, bare-metal
- 2+ years’ experience working in a continuous integration (Jenkins/Maven) and delivery environment
- Experience with application monitoring and management tools (such as Ansible/Salt/Puppet/Chef, New Relic/Splunk/Logstash)
As a DevOps/Systems Engineer you will...
- Construct, tune and troubleshoot high-performing applications and infrastructure
- Develop and monitor automation scripts and tools
- Implement DevOps best practices and stay current with technological trends and implications.
Apply today for the DevOps/Systems Engineer role or contact Isra Mohammed, Talent & Client Manager, at isra AT grossmandorland DOT com to learn more.
gdR values inclusion in Canada’s tech ecosystem and partners with employers that provide equal opportunities for individuals from diverse groups.