Toronto, Ontario | Permanent
Grossman Dorland Recruiting (gdR) has been growing Canada’s tech ecosystem for 10 years. We match top talent and executives with leading startups, tech companies and innovation labs, and grow leadership capacity through individual and organizational coaching. Our goal is to advise tech talent and organizations throughout their entire growth journey.
gdR is recruiting a Design Director for a startup focused on enhancing live experiences for millions of people around the world. Recognized as one of the fastest growing startups, with multiple awards for its product offering. Over 15 million users with 5 star customer reviews. Perfect opportunity for a seasoned designer to create and lead the strategy for the look of the product.
- Located in downtown Toronto; 100 employees.
- Recognized as one of the fastest growing startups, and received multiple awards for its product.
- Very profitable, haven’t taken on any VC. Focused on building a sustainable business and continuing organic growth.
- Over 15 million users with numerous 5 star customer reviews.
- Compensation package includes 4 weeks vacation, stock options after three months, benefits on day one and includes the possibility of work-from-home on some days.
You will thrive as a Design Director if you have…
- 5-7 years of design experience.
- Previous experience hiring and mentoring designers.
- Precious experience working on a product focused environment.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
As a Design Director you will...
- Lead the design process and workflow.
- Establish design principles and develop the design culture.
- Define KPIs and other key metrics.
- Provide direction and manage growth of design teams.
Apply today for the Design Director role or contact Samantha Colaco, Director, Talent, at samantha AT grossmandorland DOT com to learn more.
gdR values inclusion in Canada’s tech ecosystem and partners with employers that provide equal opportunities for individuals from diverse groups.
Follow gdR on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook for updates on new roles in tech.