Toronto, Ontario | Permanent
gdR is recruiting a Design Director for a Toronto company focused on enhancing live experiences for millions of people around the world. Recognized as one of the fastest growing startups, with multiple awards for its product offering. Over 15 million users with 5 star customer reviews.
About the Company:
- Located in downtown Toronto; 100 employees.
- Awarded as one of the fastest growing startups, and recognized as a leader in the tech industry.
- Very profitable, haven't taken on any VC. Focused on building a sustainable business and continuing organic growth.
- Over 15 million users with numerous 5 star customer reviews.
- Compensation package includes 4 weeks vacation, stock options after three months, benefits on day one and includes the possibility of work-from-home (some days).
As the first person on the design team, you’ll have the opportunity to lead design initiatives and build a new team from the ground up. Perfect for someone who’s passionate about design and leading teams.
You’re the ideal Design Director if you have:
- 5-7+ years of design experience.
- Previous experience hiring and mentoring designers.
- Previous working in a product focused environment.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
As the Design Director here’s how you’ll make an impact:
- Lead the design process and workflow.
- Establish design principles and develop the design cycle.
- Define KPIs and other key metrics.
- Provide direction and manage growth of design teams.
Apply today for the Design Director role or contact Samantha Colaco, Talent & Client Manager, at samantha AT grossmandorland DOT com to learn more.
About gdR | Grossman Dorland Recruiting
Founded in 2007, Grossman Dorland Recruiting (gdR)s objective is to grow the leadership capacity and capabilities of people and companies in the Canadian tech ecosystem through Executive Recruiting, Individual Contributor Level Recruiting and Leadership Coaching & Development.
We’re actively involved in the community by creating opportunities for people to connect and learn from one another e.g. Canadian Tech at Scale (in partnership with Shopify & Pivotal), which brings 120+ engineering leaders.
gdR values inclusion in Canada’s tech ecosystem and partners with employers that provide equal opportunities for individuals from diverse groups. If you’re interested in moving to Canada, although we can’t sponsor you here are some resources to help you with your journey.